GO  TO  GENERAL  INFORMATIONGO  TO  LOCATIONYOU  ARE  ON  BUILDINGSGO  TO  WATER  SUPPLYGO  TO  FENCINGGO  TO  PASTUREGO  TO  LIVESTOCKGO  TO  SCENERY

BUILDINGS

There are the following buildings on the property:

Living quarters:
Farmhouse:  Lockwood,  (built around 1978) Cottage:  Traditional building method,  (built in the late 1890)
Area ca. 120 m2, L shape construction,  3 bedrooms, big decks, greenhouse 3.6 m x 7.3 m, big wood range suitable for cooking and baking, back porch 2 rooms, plus kitchen, bath, toilet, porch.  Two further rooms and lean-to converted into wool shed,  as well suitable for goat hoofs.   (Power installed)
Farm buildings
Work shed & vehicle ports (built in 1989): Old work shed (very old):
Work area ca 7.5 m x 6.0 m on concrete floor,   with doors 3.6 m high suitable for repair of heavy machinery.  (Power installed)
3 vehicle ports, 6 m deep,  suitable for cars tractors, or bulldozer.
Suitable for two carports and a trailer or 4 wheeler,  situated opposite cottage.  One added room about 3 m x 4 m for storage.  (Power installed)
Cowshed (50 years old) Small buildings:
Suitable for all kind of activities with cattle yard and good water supply.  (Power installed) chookhouse, pigsty with two compartments

 

THE HOMESTEAD

Front of house

That's the first glimpse you get of our home, if you come towards the house.

Click on image for full size

[Entrance to the House]

This is the entrance with the deck that runs towards the valley side.  The space under the house is ideal for storage of all sorts of tools for the garden work.

Click on image for full size

[Embeded in Boulders and Rocks] The house is placed among a few boulders, on which our goat kids like to jump around.

Click on image for full size

[The Heart of the House] This stove is the heart in our home. Able to give warmth the whole year round.  It has the capacity to heat the whole house during winter.

Click on image for full size


THE  COTTAGE

The old cottage

This cottage was built around the turn of the century. It was one of the earliest farmhouses in the area.  The exact date of construction is unknown.  It has a living space and a part is converted into a shearing shed.  This photo shows the chocolate cake, as we call it,  after reconstruction.

Click on image for full size


THE  NEW  WORK  SHED

Car ports and work shed

This work shed is behind the Lockwood home.  It is a pole construction with plywood sides.  The right side is a work and maintenance area with a concrete floor.  The doors with a height of 3.6 m allow to drive in with big machinery.  The work area is about 6 m deep and 7.5 m wide.
On the left are three vehicle ports to house machinery and cars.

Click on image for full size


THE  OLD  WORK  SHED

The old shed

This old work shed is opposite the old house.  It can house two vehicles.  The room on the right side is ideal for storage and the little add on on the left allows to house a small car, farm machinery, a four wheeler or a trailer.

Click on image for full size


THE  COWSHED

The old cowshed with yards

This cowshed was built in 1946.  It is no more used as such, but has been rebuilt and reroofed.  The yard has a concrete floor and posts, gates and rails were replaced around 1985.  The building has power installed and running water with high flow and pressure.

Click on image for full size

 

GO  TO  GENERAL  INFORMATIONGO  TO  LOCATIONYOU  ARE  ON  BUILDINGSGO  TO  WATER  SUPPLYGO  TO  FENCINGGO  TO  PASTUREGO  TO  LIVESTOCKGO  TO  SCENERY

If you do not see the buttons on the left click here

Last update: