Tourism Statement for Wairere Boulders
Welcome to the Wairere Boulders, we know you will
enjoy your time in our fantastic valley. We want to protect the world
unique natural environment between the Wairere rocks to ensure that
future generations can enjoy it the same way as you do. We have
developed an environmental plan to keep this endeavour going and welcome
your support for this work.
- We reduce our energy consumption by switching
of the power to the InfoShed. Also there is not light in the
toilets, we are sure you are able to do your “business” in slightly
dim light too.
- Our cleaning products are all biodegradable,
hence non toxic.
- Please use our bins in the InfoShed to deposit
your rubbish, which will be sorted and recycled if possible.
- The water for toilets and hand washing is
unfiltered out of the Wairere stream. To save energy it has been
designed to entirely run on gravity. To reduce waste and energy
consumption, only drinking water is purified by a 05 micron filter.
- Weeds are mostly removed by hand to avoid the
use of chemicals.
- Possums, Mice and Rats are eradicated with
FeraCol a non toxic vitamin (D3) which has no harmful effect to the
environment and does not create secondary poisoning. The ca 3% of
animals that cannot be killed by FeraCol are eliminated with other
methods (shooting, traps, Pestoff).
- We create our own carbon credits by conserving
200 acres of NZ bush. This offsets even some of the carbon dioxide
created by your vehicle.
We count on your approval and support in our
endeavour for a clean and healthy planet.
The Boulder Team